The EnviroWatts program is offered to Noble REMC members in conjunction with our power supplier, Wabash Valley Power. The program is strictly voluntary and gives members the opportunity to purchase green energy generated from renewable, environmentally-preferred sources.
EnviroWatts are sold to residential members at the rate of 1 cent for the first 500 kWh used each month. This is a maximum of $5 per month. If only 300 kWhs are used, it will cost only $3 that month for EnviroWatts.
If you would like to sign up to purchase your first 500 kWhs from an environmentally-preferred source, please contact us. You can either call the office at 800.933.7362 or email us with your name and intention to sign up for EnviroWatts. You can also print out the form and mail it in with your bill or separately.
This money is set aside for nonprofit service organizations to complete environmentally-friendly projects that benefit the general area of our service territory. Projects that could be funded by EnviroWatts grants:
- Develop renewable energy sources and resources
- Reduce energy use
- Improve water quality of rivers, streams and underground aquifers
- Improve air quality of local area
- Enhance species diversity
- Create or restore habitat for wildlife
- Plant trees or native plants
- Encourage recycling
- Educate individuals about safe disposal of waste, especially hazardous/chemical waste
- Educate the public on local environmental issues
Applications for funding from the Noble REMC EnviroWatts program are due into our office at 300 Weber Road, PO Box 137, Albion, Indiana 46701 by end of business on the first Monday of March.
Noble REMC will make the funding decision(s) in March, and grants will be awarded in April.
Click here for the grant application.